Intentional Feng Shui Affirmations
Affirmations for your home. In intentional Feng Shui each direction and area of your home is related with an area of your life. I suggest writing affirmations that get placed in each of the directions of your home. Affirmation are to be written in present tense and positive. Affirmations like writing a letter straight to the universe for you to open fully into receiving and experiencing. They are also a wonderful opportunity for you to become clear on what you want in life, you are planting seeds.
The affirmations can be anywhere from 2 lines to 2 pages however much you feel like writing, they can be expanded and evolved at anytime.
The affirmations get placed in the specific area of your home they do not need to be seen they may get placed in a drawer or under something. Just writing them you are making it clear to the universe what you are ready to fully open up to in your life. What you will accept and know that you deserve in your life. I suggest writing them knowing they are done and then detaching and trusting in the divine process of life and know that what manifests will be for your highest good and the highest good of all. Your affirmations are private and so not need to be shared with everyone that enters your home, give the seeds a chance to root deeply, get strong first before sharing too much.
Affirmations for South How you share your light with the world, Reputation & Fame and Recognition
- I am respected, admired and appreciated for the work that I do. My clients and I have wonderful relationships And for this I am truly grateful.
- I am recognized for my skills, talents, and accomplishments. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I am acknowledged by other for being a loving and caring wife/husband. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I am grateful I share my light, gifts, talents and passion with the world and earn an abundant living doing so.
I am radiant, magnificent, brilliant, successful, blissful, peaceful, worthy.
I love myself and am truly grateful for al that is.
Affirmation for Southwest Love Relationships & Partnerships and Self love
- I experience happy, healthy, loving relationships. My perfect partner is kind, patient, loving….. you are the perfect partner for me.
- My partner and I are experiencing a deeply loving and mutually respectful relationship, filled with good communication, passion and joy
- I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is having the perfect romantic partner. He/she is loving, playful, passionate, respectful and loyal. My love partner and I are connected in our minds, hearts, and spirits.
- I attract only loving, healthy relationships into my life….all my relationships are healthy, healed and whole and I now experience an abundance of love within my life”.
- I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is having a healthy, balanced, profitable business relationship with my partner.
- I am a radiant being filled with light and love.
* I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
* I now express love to all those I meet.
* Divine love is working through me now.
* Love radiates from me at all times.
* I love myself completely.
* As I give love, I am instantly supplied with more.
* I radiate love to all persons and places and things.
* People are just waiting to love me, and I allow them.
* I breathe in universal love.
* I attract loving, beautiful people into my life.
* I always deserve love.
* I am attracting loving relationships into my life.
* I project love to everyone I meet.
* I love and approve of myself.
- I trust that my perfect partner comes to me in a balanced and harmonious manner, for my highest good and the highest good of all concerned. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I am truly grateful for the loving relationship
- I am grateful for the business relationship that is trusting, successful, abundant and a joy to be united with .
Affirmations for the West Children & Creativity and fertility and New Beginnings
- I welcome new beginnings and trust in the divine process of life
- I see my child(ren) living their lives to their fullest potential, being healthy, creative, and expressing their natural talents and skills. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I allow new beginnings in my life.
- I am fertile
- I trust my body.
- My body knows how to conceive a healthy baby.
- I surrender to the power of nature as I celebrate a new cycle of birth within myself
- I accept the gift of life within myself
- My life is a blessing.
- I love myself.
- My body is a fertile place worthy for conception.
- My womb is a health place that will nourish my baby.
- My Eggs are healthy and developing perfectly.
- I have the ability to heal myself.
- I am safe and I am loved.
- I support and love my husband/partner through our fertility journey.
- I am supported in life
- I choose a healthy life style that enhances my fertility.
- I design my own destiny.
- The most perfect egg is preparing to be released by my ovary and the most perfect sperm is preparing to fertilize it.
- I visualize a bright white light cleansing away all my fears and negative thoughts.
- I see myself having a child and experiencing the joys of motherhood. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I see myself easily expressing my creativity in many ways. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I see myself opening to experience my creative energies in new and exciting ways. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I trust that I am a creative being and I allow the divine process to work through me
- An endless reservoir of creativity lies within me.
- Being creative is one of my great joys in life.
- Being creative makes me feel so alive and I honor it daily
- Brilliant ideas come through me and to me all the time.
- Creative energy flows through me at all times.
- Creative inspiration follows me
- Creativity flows through every cell in my body.
- Divine inspiration blesses every day of my life.
- Every creative thought I express provides me with great joy.
- Every day I become more creative and inventive.
- Every day I let my imagination soar to new heights.
- Every moment of every day I am becoming more and more inventive.
- Everything I create is inventive and unique.
- I allow my creative energy to flow freely at all times.
- I am a brilliant and successful artist.
- I am a magnet for innovative ideas.
- I am a naturally artistic individual.
- I am a powerful and resourceful creator.
Affirmations for Northwest , Journeying through life, Helpful People & Travel
- I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is having an abundance of Helpful People to help me whenever the need arises. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I have an abundance of supported people in my life
- The right people come to me at the right time to help me get to my next step in an easy graceful and jouyful manner
- I am divinely guided by my guides and Angels
- I am full connected to my highself and have guidance and follow my intuition in every moment of my life
- I gracefully travel as I choose, and live the life of my dreams.
- I have the means to travel abroad whenever I choose
- I happily travel where I choose and have unlimited resources to do so
- I consciously embark on an amazing sentient journey.
- I am blissful as I travel and explore the planet
- I travel safely and in the style I choose to every exciting destination.
- I see myself traveling to ________ and enjoying myself completely. And for this I am truly grateful.
Affirmation for North / Career and life’s Journey
- I am using my unique skills and gifts to work in my perfect career to be of service, joy and abundance
- I now have clarity and excitement about my fulfilling career path as I am passionate about helping others live the life they deserve while earning an abundance while doing so.
- I always have good honest and supportive relationships with my co-workers, bosses, employees
- I have excellent relationships with everyone who works for me.
- I have excellent relationships with everyone who works with me.
- I attract all the right clients, students, and employees for an abundant, fulfilling, rewarding and successful career
- I am confident that I earn a wonderful living doing work and service that is important to me using my skills and talents that I am grateful for
- I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is advancing in my career/job.
- I am grateful that I am attracting the perfect opportunities and circumstances to have the career/job that I love and that is financially rewarding.
I trust in the journey of lie, everything happens exactly as it is meant too.
I trust that the opportunities for success are coming to me in a balanced and harmonious manner, for my highest good and the highest good of all concerned. And for this I am truly grateful.
Affirmations for Northeast Knowledge & Self-cultivation, Intuition, Inner knowing
- I am intuitive.
- I am alive in the now.
- I am connected to my own inner vision.
- I am listening to my intuitive self.
- I trust and follow my intuition
- I am connected to my true path and purpose.
- I am true to myself.
- I am seeing the possibilities and bringing them into my reality.
- I am clear.
- I follow my own intuition.
- I always listening to my intuition before I make a decisions
- I AM completely in tune with the “I AM” presence of the Divine within me.
- I trust my intuition with a deep sense of security.
- I follow my intuition where it leads and I always find gifts that evolve my soul
- I see myself constantly learning, which is easy and enjoyable. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I see myself continually growing in greater self-awareness and expanding my consciousness. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I have an abundance of time and abundance to learn and expand in all the ways I choose
- I trust my intuition and follow spirit without hesitation
- I am mastering new skills that bring me confidence, fulfillment and joy
- Every day I am realizing new abilities and talents.
- I have time, space and the finances to feed my mind with new ideas and understanding.
- Everything I read brings me new and wonderful insights.
Affirmations for East Family and Community
- I am blessed with a beautiful well balanced family
- I nurture and am nurtured with wonderful family and friends with love and kindness, patience and goodwill.
- I have a happy, extended family filled with health, respect and love
- My family is healthy, happy, safe and full of love!
- I am a source of love and inspiration for my family and friends as they are for me.
- My family and friends are a beautiful reflection of the Divines love.
- I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is perfect health in mind, body and spirit for myself. I see my family healthy and happy. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is a happy, harmonious, healthy relationship with my family. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I know that I am experiencing greater health in all areas of my life in a balanced and harmonious manner for my highest good. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I am grateful for my loving community of like minded souls. I feel supported, connected and loved.
Affirmations for Southeast Wealth & Abundance
• I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is wealth, prosperity and an abundance of every good thing. I now see myself having financial security. I see myself in a position to help and be of service to others.
I am grateful and blessed for all the wealth that flows to me and allows me to live such an incredible life of bliss and freedom
• Wealth enables me to more fully express my creative potential
• Expressing my creativity allows me to be wealthy
• Money and prosperity help me to help others
• I am willing to receive money for my pleasure
• I am willing to allow my life to be fun and easy
• I am a trust fund baby of the universe
• I am a magnet to money
Money is attracted to me just as naturally as a bee to honey.”
I am one with the Power that created me and my abundance is a reflection of that
I am totally open and receptive to the abundant flow of prosperity that the Universe offers
I love to witness others abundance and knowing and trusting there is plenty for us all.
- I accept that which I choose to experience in my life, which is balance and harmony in all areas of my life, including my perfect health, mentally, physically, and spiritually. And for this I am truly grateful.
- I see everyone getting along with each other, being happy and productive. And for this I am truly grateful.
- * I am perfectly healthy in body, mind and spirit.
* I am well, I am whole, and I am strong and healthy.
* I am healthy, and full of energy and vitality.
* All the cells of my body are daily bathed in the perfection of my divine being.
* I am healthy, happy and radiant.
* I radiate good health.
* My body is a safe and pleasurable place for me to be.
* My sleep is relaxed and refreshing.
* I have all the energy I need to accomplish my goals and to fulfill my desires.
Today is a magical day of celestial alignment, magic, rebirth, renewal and regeneration and invite you to harness the gifts and energy of this day. There is a powerful portal opening up with a Total Solar Eclipse, a Super New Moon and celebrating Spring Equinox! Take sometime to set some intentions, to dream, visualize, engage in ceremony, light a candle, dance your dance, sing your song. Speak your truth to those you have been meaning to for a while, go for what your heart and soul knows to be true and do what you need to do to create the life and world you wish to experience.
Feng Shui, an art and science developed more than 5,000 years ago in China, creates joy, harmony, health and abundance in everyday life and in human spaces. In order to bring balance into such spaces, we analyze the arrangement of buildings, rooms and furniture to determine the ways in which those arrangements affect body, mind and spirit. Feng Shui balances each environment with the five elements water, wood, fire, metal and earth, offering an invitation to connect with the natural elements.
In Classical Feng Shui we also explore geographic directions and locations, time and function. We work with color to enhance good energy and neutralize unproductive energy, tuning those energies to the rhythms of the earth and the universe.
When you walk into a spa that has good Feng Shui, you feel as if you have arrived at a home away from home. You feel safely embraced by a place in which you can let go and unwind—peaceful, present. You move into the parasympathetic nervous system that allows body and mind to relax.
In the more than fifteen years that I have been practicing Feng Shui, I have seen the need people have to live in an environment that supports their thriving and the powerful effects Feng Shui can have on their lives.
Spas and salons all over the globe have reported that their use of Feng Shui principles has increased sales and profits, attracted more customers, improved customer loyalty, while creating a more harmonious atmosphere, reducing stress and lowering conflict levels. An environment balanced by Feng Shui motivates staff, improves co-operation and commitment, lowers staff turnover and absenteeism, increases teamwork, raises productivity, and improves public relations.
When bringing Feng Shui into your salon or spa, honor the natural elements. The sounds of water can be so calming, but make sure the water is flowing towards the center of the building. Plants with soft rounded leaves bring the element of wood and improve air quality. Crystals or river rocks add the earth element of grounding and centering. For fire, light natural soy candles with scents of lavender, citrus or peppermint essential oils for relaxation and renewal. Present the element of metal in statues or accessories for clarity and elegance.
The front entrance should be open and welcoming, a beautiful space, like a smiling face, welcoming clients. The reception area should be off to the side and all five senses honored, with healthy refreshments, inviting textures and neutral music. Soft images in art works, earth tones of tans and browns or greens— with few energizing reds and oranges— will all sooth and encourage relaxation.
2015 is Year of the Green Wood Sheep, Ram, Goat
I am a passive onlooker
I let bygones be bygones
Goodness brings me fortune
I believe in the human race
I understand the meaning of giving
My cup is never empty
I am loyal and just and in others I trust
I AM THE SHEEP
2015 is Year of the Sheep and it will arrive on February 4, 2015 .
The first day of Chinese astrology year is the first day of the Tiger month. That is the day of Start Spring Start of Spring in the Chinese Astrology Calendar
2015 Chinese New Year Day is on February 19, 2015 in China Standard Time with the lunar calender. Chinese New Year Day is the new moon day of the first lunar month. The new moon time is at 7:48 A.M. of February 19, 2015 in China Standard Time.
The Sheep (Goat) is a Yin energy, a symbol of Peace, Harmonious co-existence and Tranquility. That is the primary and fundamental mood for this year. War will be averted and a period of mending and compromise will be undertaken to ensure Peace is maintained.
Southeast #2 Earth
Use salt water remedy in metal container
Sickness, gossip, misunderstandings, disharmony in the family, especially for woman
Strong Male PB
NO digging in this area
Write Wealth affirmation
Place item related with wealth and abundance
South #7 Metal
Fire related disasters
Burns, gunshots, not beneficial for teenage girls
Write affirmation for name, fame and how you share your light in the world
Gem: Citrine or red coral
Southwest # 9 Fire
Romance and Wealth
Amazing for females
NO digging in this area
Place something to symbolize supporting love and relationships here
Gem: Rose quartz
East # 1 Water
Remedy: Water fountain, water plants
Avoid: Fire or red
(e.g., colors maroon, purple,
Productive relationships, good for sales, promotion, business expansion, and development
Write family affirmation here
Place family album or photos here
Center # 3 Wood
Fighting robbery, arguments, misunderstandings, and gossip
Remedy: we do not remedy the center
If you had fire that is okay
Add Quan Yin for compassion and love
Write a affirmation on health and well being
Make sure there is no clutter
Great area for fresh flowers
West #5 Earth
Remedy: Heavy & Moving Metal
Use salt water remedy in metal container
Delays, obstacles, fires, lawsuits, casualties,
NO digging in this area
This is a great area for creativity
Write creativity affirmation
Northeast # 6 Metal
Remedy: Earth and Metal
NO digging in this area
Wealth and Promotions
Strong love energy here
Stay away from gossiping or scandalous situations
Great area for knowledge
Write affirmation on what you would like to learn for 2014
Gem: Red Coral
North # 8 Earth
Fame, receiving honor, wealth, romance,
Take time making decisions
This area will support career
Write affirmation on career
Gem: Black Obsidian
Northwest #4 Wood
Avoid: Fire/ red color
NO digging in this area
Creativity, Academic achievements, Peach blossom
This is the travel and helpful people area
Add pictures of places you would like to travel
Write affirmation on all the helpful people in your life
Some Suggestions to Implement for 2015
Create a Vision Board Collage for the year 2015. Start with images that express what you want to “manifest” during the year. Consider the areas of love, joy, vibrant health and empowerment, then create a collage that makes your heart sing every time you look at it. Keep it somewhere that you’ll see each day and that’s private just for you.
Clear the clutter from your home. One of the most important things you can do for your finances is simply to clean up clutter! Throwing out junk and getting rid of things like excess paper, empty boxes and broken items can go a long way toward energizing your home for prosperity. This includes your car, your purse, your garage, your computer’s inbox and even your desk top.
Create an altar to reconnect with the deeper parts of ourselves.
Clear out the old and welcome in the new energies. Cleanse the energy in your home by burning sage, ringing bells, singing and opening windows and doors. Start at the front door and work clockwise around your home, getting into all the corners, nooks and crannies with either the sage or bells.
Express your gratitude for your home. The energy you give to it is the energy you will receive from it. The more you notice, appreciate and express gratitude for blessings received (no matter how small), the more good things will come your way, including money. Start a gratitude journal to track your daily thanks.
Clean your Front Door. The front door is where all good energy enters your home; a clean door attracts prosperity while a dirty or faded door repels it.
Replace burned out light bulbs. If your rooms are dark so is your financial future. Replace burned out bulbs and brighten your possibilities to attract wealth.
Clean your Windows. Windows are the eyes of your home; dirty windows cloud vision but clean windows represent a clear view of the opportunities. Windows are truly your view to the world so also repair all cracks and broken panes.
Remove Dead Plants. Dead plants symbolize dead energy. Replace them with healthy, living plants to grow wealth in your life.
Repair broken mirrors. If you look at a broken mirror you can’t see things smoothly or clearly. Remove or replace it to reflect a smooth road to prosperity.
Tighten loose door knobs and handles. If your handles are loose you cannot get a grip on your money. Tighten them and wealth will be within your grasp.
Add artwork. Being surrounded by artwork you love and things that inspire you will enter your subconscious all day. Art is also an excellent way to help create the symbols and images needed to help attract positive energy.
Do something loving and nurturing for YOU!—Daily! Self massage, yoga, walk in nature, eat healthy, connect with the people you love!
Create a Vision Board and place somewhere that you see daily that is private for you.
Write an affirmation in each of the sections of your home; write in present tense and all positive.
Cleanse and protect your energy daily using visualizing white light all around you or the violet flame.
Cleanse the Energy in your home with sage, bells, singing, opening the windows and doors
Share unconditional love
Connect with nature
Learn to forgive
Trust your intuition.
Take care of your body
Release negative emotions
Learn from others and past experiences
Have some quiet time each day
Do what you love
Be of Service
reduce your attachment to possessions.
focus only on the present.
Think positive thoughts.
Choose your friends wisely.
Amanda Collins www.InternationalFengShuiSchool.com 858-736-7241
The New Year is one of many powerful times to create fresh new energy in your home, to welcome positive energy and let go of the old. Space Clearing is the art of cleansing and consecrating spaces. It is a profound and effective technique for clearing and revitalizing the energy in buildings.
Other potent times to clear your space are when the seasons change, on the new or full moons, and after illness; after having visitors you did not feel good about; after stress-inducing changes such as bereavements, separations, divorce and a job change; or, transitions such as starting or a ending new relationship, or after a remodel.
Everything in the Universe is comprised of energy, and that energy in places you live, work, shop and socialize can have far-reaching effects on your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. If an argument, divorce or robbery occurs in a home, and that energy does not get cleared, it can build. The next inhabitants may experience this energy, begin to argue, and not know why. Negativity in the home or office can get trapped and you can see the results build. An accumulation of clutter, frequent arguments or broken objects may signal its presence.
Clearing a house energetically can help you fall in love with it once again. It can help you get back on track emotionally, and regain your interest in life and the future. It can help clear the way for prosperity and productivity in your business.
How to Space Clear
- Protect your own energy before clearing your home. Visualize surrounding yourself in white light that grows and expands further outside your body, sealing you in a protective cloud. Be sure that children and pets are not present.
- Start inside the house with your back to the front door. Face into the home, which should be as clear, clean and tidy as possible before you start.
- Open all doors and windows to allow fresh air to circulate and provide an outlet for the stale energy to leave.
- Light a candle and state your intention: What would you like to achieve during this space clearing? Perhaps “May my space be filled with love energy for the highest good of all.”
- Meditate and ground yourself. Call upon your guides, angels, ascended masters, ancestors—whomever you feel will assist.
- Space clear with the powerful purifier of love in your heart, and use sounds such as a bell, chimes, or a singing bowl. Or burn sage, sweetgrass or cedar. If you are burning herbs you will need a container, such as an abalone shell or clay bowl, to hold your smudging material. Add some sand to the bottom of this shell or bowl. The sage stick does not need to flame! The smoke should rise straight up to the divine. If you prefer not to use smoke, a spritz such as sage or rose spray is a viable alternative.
- Start at the front door and move clockwise, walking through each room, staying present with your intention. You can choose several modalities of clearing such as playing a singing bowl and burning sage. Or you might walk around clapping your hands, singing or chanting in the space. Go into each corner and follow your intuition about moving into closets and under tables—wherever you feel the need for cleansing.
- At the end of the clearing, seal in your positive intention, thank your spirit guides, and ask that the smoke and sound vibrations carry all negative energies away. Visualize the house surrounded in a bowl of white light and place a water fountain at the front door or front gate, so whoever comes into the home releases and leaves their “stuff” at the door. As they leave, they can choose to take that energy with them or not. Keep doors and windows open for as long as possible, and give thanks for your life and home.
“Solstice” comes from two Latin
words: sol meaning “sun” and sistere meaning “to stand still” because it appeared as though the sun and moon had stopped moving across the sky. This longest night of the year, followed by a renewal of the sun, demonstrates the cyclical order of the cosmos. In this way, celebrating the solstice c
an be a beautiful remembrance that our lives are part of a larger order, always changing, always renewing.
If we look around us we can see that the rest of nature has quieted down, slowed down, or at least taken its activity underground into its roots or burrows. Since we are a part of nature, So this is the gift of the season: a pause to appreciate and to nurture our roots, our connections that support us so well all year long.
Winter Solstice is one of our oldest celebrations, datin
g back to the dawn of modern civilization some 30,000 years ago. For ancient people, the winter solstice was an awesome, mysterious, and powerful phenomenon tap into this magical time with ritual, intention and meditation.
A couple of suggestions for rituals for the winter solstice
- Make a Christmas wreath which is an ancient tradition made of evergreens, holly, and ivy. The wreath’s circle symbolizes the wheel of the year and the completion of another cycle.
- Light a candle on the solstice and shine the light and reflect and meditate on your teachings and wisdom from the year gone by.
- Cleanse your home with some sage or bells.
- Cleanse your own energy field with some sage, rose water, or a nice cleansing salt bath
- Decorating the tree with objects resembling fruits, nuts, berries, to acknowledge
- the gifts of abundance from Mother earth
The Autumn Equinox is upon us night and day will be almost equal in length as we begin to transition into fall. Feng Shui for fall means we move fro m the fire element, the most yang time of year, to the water element of autumn, the slow, deep and inward energy of the most Yin time of year. These elements are symbolic of the forces at work within the universe-and therefore within our minds and bodies, as well as the seasons. Are you and your home ready for this transition?
When we consciously align our homes and ourselves with the cycles of nature, we find more harmony and balance in our lives for there is a rhythm to everything in life. There is a time for turning outwards and growing, and a time for retreating inward and processing, which is what fall invites us to do. Just as nature goes through its cycles of change, so do our homes right along with us.
In the fall, nature prepares to shed her leaves and let go of the past. In our last newsletter, we talked about the importance and the benefits of clearing clutter. If you haven’t yet had a chance to start clearing your clutter yet, this is a wonderful time to start a new de-cluttering project.
Once your closet is clear and as you shift into your fall wardrobe, make sure it is not comprised only of dark colors. Add passion and excitement to your wardrobe and your life with the rich colors of autumn such as red, yellow and burgundy. These hues possess a stimulating Chi and uplift your mood.
Just as nature’s palette starts moving towards rich warm autumn tones, so should the palette of your home. This can be accomplished easily by switching pillows or throws and will make your home feel welcoming during the next few months. Adding curtains will add new a new decorative touch and also insulate the window area. Pay special attention to adding warm colors to your bedroom and bathroom so they don’t feel cold.
Make sure there is no stagnant energy in the corners of your home. This kind of energy tends to gather and get trapped in empty dark corners. Plants, artwork, and floor lamps can improve the energy in these places and ensure that it stays gently flowing through your home.
Invite the radiant light of the sun inside. Simply open the curtains and blinds. Sunlight (the best source of Vitamin D in the universe) provides many natural health benefits.
Cleansing the energy in your home and honoring the change of seasons connects you more deeply to yourself and to the natural world around you. Use a burning stick of sage or light candles to encourage any negative energy to burn away. Ring bells or raise your voice in song to invite a fresh flow of healing and inspiration into your home.
And as always, continue to recycle and love our beautiful earth.
“Life Altering” is the word that I awoke to one morning during the training. and that beautifully describes what this experience has been for me. I have not yet implemented any changes in my home but I already feel inspired more positive and more connected.
Marie Vickers,San Diego
Amanda is an inspiration a living and breathing expression of the magic of Feng Shui. Her knowledge, passion and love of Feng Shui permeate the entire training. The certification covered all the aspects of Feng Shui giving me the knowledge and confidence to be ready to start my Feng Shui business today. So that I can share and inspire even more people with this fabulous art.
Thank you much love and light
Loved the training very comprehensive and clearly explained. The manual well put together and detailed covering pretty much everything. I enjoyed every moment of the training and surprisingly the opening rituals its really became important part of my day and helped me to concentrate on what was going on. It is an excellent training that really reflected the world of Feng Shui honoring individuals and their environments in which we live. Amanda thank you from my Soul
Lisa O Hara,Ireland
I did not appreciate how much emotion the Feng Shui would bring up watching how the different elements of the course brought about different emotions in myself and people around me at the training. Doing the course has really brought home to me how important our physical surroundings are to our emotional health and well being. One can not work on our inner problems without being supported by our physical surroundings specially in the home
Love and hugs
This training has been so empowering and I have the tools to apply to my life and the lives of others. I highly recommend the whole experience. Your teaching and guidance was so giving so patient and the experience will stay with me forever
Amanda has a lovely generous flowing energy that makes it easy to learn and the time went too fast. cant wait to get going on my space.
Thank you Amanda for this wonderful teaching and sharing of your knowledge. This time together has been more than I could have imagined it would be. Feeling so blessed to be part of the Feng Shui world thank you so much
Amanda Collins has an amazing abundance of Feng Shui knowledge and desires a wealth of complicated information in and easy going way. The training was 110% and exceeded my expectations
Classical Feng Shui is an ancient art and science developed in China more than 4,000 years ago. It shares philosophical roots with
Feng Shui creates harmony by connecting the seen and the unseen. It is a tool to examine the cycles of the stars, sun and seasons, using these explorations to support the vital connection of body, mind and soul to its environment. Feng Shui can be applied to any microcosm or macrocosm of our lives. A small space such as a bedroom or an entire city can be designed and built according to these principles. Acupuncture. Both are complex bodies of knowledge dealing with the movement of energy; Feng Shui reveals how to balance the energies of any given space to assure the health and good fortune for the people inhabiting it. Just as needles are used in Acupuncture to treat the energy patterns of the body to improve the flow of energy and therefore your health, classical Feng Shui uses items made of the Five Elements: Earth, Metal, Water, Wood, and Fire to balance the invisible energies in your environment. Bringing the elements into our space also helps us reconnect with the natural order of things.
“Feng” means “Wind” and “Shui” means “Water.” In its simplest form Feng Shui aids in choosing the best placement for a home. Picking the proper site will ensure happiness by alleviating problems such as excessive drafts or floods. The ideal site for a home is like an arm chair. The back and sides of the chair protect us form the wind, though a breeze on a warm day can feel wonderful and cooling. However when wind is powerful it can blow an entire village down. Being close to water has been historically essential for survival; we drink it, clean with it, and being far from it can make life difficult if not impossible. However, when water is too strong, it can creates the destruction of floods and tsunamis. Living in a space with easy access to water, yet protection from it, will make a home less susceptible to disasters and provide an easier more graceful life.
As we know in both Western science and Eastern philosophy, everything is made up of energy. The theory behind Chinese medicine is that a living human body is imbued with chi (energy) which is fundamental for its healthy functioning. Feng Shui is based on the same belief.
Chi is the animating life force that is everywhere; it permeates all people, our homes and physical surroundings. Feng Shui illuminates this hidden force of chi and how the environment can affect us, both positively, and negatively.
On average, we spend eighty percent of our time indoors. When we walk into an environment that has good Feng Shui, we feel embraced and at peace. We feel connected with our self, our body, our surroundings and the people within that environment. We feel connected with the natural elements, supported in all that we do. We feel that no matter what is happening in the outside world, when we step inside our front door, everything is okay. We are home. We are safe. And we are free to feel our emotions. How a place feels will deeply affect people’s responses at both conscious and unconscious levels.
A home with good Feng Shui feels in balance. Life flows more smoothly, easily and brings you more peace. It raises the vibration by balancing the energy. It serves you and is organized exactly in the best way for you and your family to thrive—not just how you think it should be set up and decorated, but in a way that makes you love how it feels and puts a smile on your face. Feng Shui is only used for the highest good in all situations.
For example a house that has been in multiple modern design magazines and photographs very well, may feel cold and austere, like a hospital or jail that does not support the owner in feeling relaxed or welcomed in their own home.
Chinese medicine has served its people well for thousands of years, succeeding in maintaining health, preventing and reducing illness in the Chinese and other adherents. Traditionally a Chinese doctor was paid to maintain their clients’ overall health and to prevent illness. It was expected that all clients of traditional Chinese doctors would incorporate all eight limbs of Chinese Medicine into their lives: Acupuncture, Herbology, Bodywork, Nutrition, I-Ching Astrology, Feng Shui, Exercise and Meditation. The principles governing all eight limbs are considered to be universal and have an intimate connection. These principles are based on the interactive nature of yin and yang, the dynamism of the five elements of water, wood, fire, earth and metal, and perceiving and accessing Qi (chi) quality and flow.
The Tao Te Ching also suggests using Feng Shui to maintain balance and well being in your life. Interestingly enough, Feng Shui is the only one of the eight limbs of Chinese Medicine that is not of the physical body but of the environment. The truth is that if we experience balancing in our physical body with acupuncture and herbs yet step into homes that are chaotic or messy, this will throw us back out of balance. Instead, having a home that is calm and peaceful will help us to rest, relax, and restore our vital energies.
When analyzing the energy blueprint of a home using Feng Shui principles we examine time and space. We read the building from the year it was built, to the direction and the exact degrees it sits and faces. We look at the surrounding areas such as the location of mountains and water, the proximity of freeways, graveyards, and so on. We then use calculations to arrive at a detailed analysis of the quality of Qi, yin/yang and the five elements. From this analysis we decide how to bring the building and residents back into harmony. In Chinese Medicine the analysis of the physical body involves checking the pulse, looking at the tongue reading the energy of the person. Again using the principles of Qi, yin/yang and the five elements.
The intention of Chinese Medicine and Feng Shui is the same, to bring good chi flow through the person’s home and body. Feng Shui teaches that your home is merely an outward reflection of what is happening on inside. It then uses the same principles of adjusting the quality and quantity of Chi, balancing yin and yang, and using the five elements to bring the person and home back into health and harmony.
The following are examples of how the home is an external manifestation of what is going on in the inside
• Leaking faucets waste energy, and suggest abundance is flowing out of the home
• Loose door handles suggest not having a firm grip on your health and life
• Burnt out bulbs signal burning yourself out
• Blocked drains reflect blocked emotions
• Masks on all the walls usually mean someone is hiding something or who they
• A cluttered home usually reflects being stuck in your life, and maybe having extra weight on your body, along with allergies and little energy.
When examining the home to bring it into balance, we look at what’s called the trigram map. These trigrams are associated with magnetic directions, the five elements and their corresponding colors, human personality types, body parts, related illnesses and numbers.
The Northwest Trigram is related to the main father/ husband in the home. It also has to do with the physical body parts of head and lungs, large intestines and the element of metal. If the person who lives in this house is experiencing breathing problems, we would immediately find out what is going on in this location of the home. Is there clutter? Is that direction or location of the building missing? Are there sharply pointed items in this location? Do the five elements need to be balanced here? All these things are blocking the chi flow or creating a negative energy and causing toxicity.
The Southwest location is related to the main woman of the home and the physical is reproductive organs and fertility. If a couple was trying to conceive and could not, we would again rebalance the energies, elements and creating a positive chi flow to this area. We can also do things according to the couple’s dates of birth, such as put them in their best directions to sleep, eat and work. We would bring in elements, colors and symbolic items that will support fertility, and energy flow to start a family.
Both the body and buildings have meridian lines running through them. In Feng Shui we call them earth meridians and we use earth’s acupuncture to bring about balance in the environment. Again we would use the same remedies of five elements and three cycles of creative, reductive and destructive- to-creative energy flow in both temples. In Acupuncture practitioners burn moxa to get energy flowing, and in Feng Shui we use sage or palo santo.
In both Acupuncture and Feng Shui we view energy flowing the same as we views the flow of water to promote a healthy flow in both home and body. A practitioner of Chinese Medicine might recommend a cleanse with herbs and certain foods to bring the body into balance, while in Feng Shui, the exact same suggestions are made to de-clutter the rooms, drawers, cupboards, and do a cleansing on the space.
Chinese medicine’s goal is to release Sha energy blockages in the human body because such blockages create disease; Feng Shui also releases Sha energy in the home to support sleep, digestion, and peace, qualities in the home environment that also promote health in the human body as well.
How to Use the Luopan Compass
Luo means “a net that encompasses everything” and Pan means “utensil or plate.” This refers to the union between Heaven and Earth and specifically to the electro-magnetic field that holds all matter together. The Luopan has been developed for the past 2,000 years and every traditional Feng Shui master of note has added to it throughout this time.
Explaining the Parts of the Luopan
1. The Magnetic Arrow: The arrow points south
2. The Feather Dots: These are the two dots at the center of the dial; you can adjust them to align with the “T” end of the arrow.
3. The Number Representation: Although, not visible in the diagram to the left, many compasses have a ring with a dot pattern that represents the trigram’s numeric representation, e.g., South has 9 dots.
4. Cross Hair Alignments: The Red Cross hairs (in the photo above) designate the facing and sitting directions depending on which direction you face while holding the compass.
5. The Eight Trigrams: Various rings in the compass show the element, symbol and direction.
6. Western Alphabet Designations (A-X): These are used to specify the sitting and facing directions, within 15 degrees, in order to determine the gender of the sitting and facing numbers.
7. Compass Degrees: The outer most dial (very thin outside ring in the figure to the left) represents the Western compass degrees.
How to Obtain an Accurate Compass Reading
1. Establish the sitting and facing directions of the building.
2. Remove all jewelry and any metal (i.e., belt buckles, etc.) that could affect the magnetic reading.
3. Stand outside facing the building at least 10 feet back from it; away from electrical power sources and cars or any other large metal objects.
4. Standing straight, with your body parallel to the building’s exterior wall, hold your compass at waist level.
5. Align the feather dots in the center of the compass with the feather of the arrow.
6. The vertical cross hairs (red strings) indicate the facing and sitting directions of the building and will have a corresponding western alphabet designation (A-X). Since you’ve already established the sitting and facing side of the building imagine your compass IS THE BUILDING so no matter which side of the building you are standing at to take the reading the vertical cross hairs will correspond to alphabetic direction that the building sits and faces.
7. Take several compass readings from different parts of the property until you are sure of an accurate one.
Take care of your luopan—it’s your best friend. Keep it out of extreme temperatures; do not leave it in a car. Keep it away from electrical sources. Store it in a horizontal position. Although it has not been scientifically proven, it has been noted that a woman’s menstrual cycle may affect a compass reading. Therefore, you may want to take a few extra readings to confirm that you are getting a consisting reading.